Wednesday, November 11, 2009

More Jack talk

This morning I was busy getting the house ready to show to some possible new renters, so I got up early, showered, dressed, the whole deal. I then went to get the kids and got them dressed as well so I could get to some last min. cleaning. I was in Drew's room getting Drew dressed first while Jack played with his trucks in his room. Jack then says to me, "Mommy, why are you dressed? You're not normally dress this early." I did a double take and asked him what he said and he repeated it again. It seemed like such a grown-up sentence from such a little boy. How does he know what "normally" means? I had to laugh because he also totally called me out for not usually being dressed. I usually take my showers and get dressed during Drew's morning nap so I can sleep longer. Funny how they pay attention to the little things.

When the potential renters showed this morning, they brought their four-year-old with them. they introduced him saying, "This is Andrew." Jack then went right up to the little boy, grabbed his hand and said, "Hi Andrew, It's nice to meet you." They were then instant friends and took off to the backyard to play while Mommy and Daddy looked at the house. Later, when Jack's new friend was upstairs looking around, he turned to me and said, "Mommy, where's my little boy? I want to play trucks with him." That little boy is one year older than Jack.

1 comment:

Gammy Jeanne said...

This blog is just awesome. I check it out each morning when I get up and it always sends me on my way to work with a smile in my heart. Thanks Beth!

Powered By Blogger