Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Drew's first words

Last night as Drew was devouring his Lasagna, (and I do mean devouring-he had a bigger portion than I did) he was making gestures for more the second I put a helping into his mouth. Of course he wasn't using the sign that we have been working on, he was just shaking his hands at the wrist in desperation for me to load the fork again. He had learned to say "thank you" after receiving things but it comes out as "e-choo" instead of thank you so I wasn't really counting it as his first word. After dinner I held up my hand and said, "Great dinner, give me a high-five little dude." The first word out of his mouth was "Dude." Which he proceeded to repeat over and over again throughout the night. I am now counting "E-Choo/Thank you" as his first word because no Mom wants her child's first word to be "Dude."

1 comment:

kristib said...

He could have an illustrious career with Bill and Ted!

Powered By Blogger