Saturday, May 22, 2010

The Dulles Air and Space Museum

It was a rainy day on Monday so Amy and I took the boys to the Air and Space Museum. They had a blast!



























Some pics of the planes we saw. They were broken up into eras and wars.















































Obligatory Air Force pictures






The boys liked all of the planes behind the cases. Jack kept asking if I could open it so he could play with them :)






I don't even know which shuttle this is but Jack liked it so much we ended up with a toy one for him from the gift shop. I got Drew one too so they wouldn't fight over it.

























Jack wouldn't pose for the picture and is behind the barrier. I had to fish him out.
















They have a mock Control Tower and they pipe in the actual talk between the pilots and the control tower from Dulles Airport. The planes go right over but it was cloudy so most were behind the clouds that day.





















View of the entrace and the tower from the parking lot.











The flight sculpture represents the the jet stream of the planes.



As much as I hate moving every few years my life is pretty cool. I get to see so many things across the country:) Now I get to enjoy it with my boys.















No comments:

Powered By Blogger