Monday, March 1, 2010

The Dentis Appointment

Jack had his first Dentist appointment in Feb. He did really well with all of the dental tools. I was really afraid he was going to freak out as he has never been very good at letting us look into his mouth. The dental tech was great with him and he got to watch Finding Nemo on the ceiling while everything was being done.
They had a play waiting room just for the kids with lots of toys and when he was all done he got a balloon and a dental gift bag with all kinds of stuff in it and a gold coin to put into a machine in the play room on his way out. He decided he wanted a bouncy ball.
His check-up went well and he even let them do some X-rays. His teeth were perfect. No problems at all. Drew watched it all happen at the foot of Jack's chair and got his own balloon and goody bag on the way out.
The boys were happy but when we got into the house it appeared that Jack had dropped half his goody bag in the car. So I left Jack in the house and took Drew into the garage with me. I climbed into the car to look for the missing items and when I looked up I realized that Jack had opened the door to the garage. It has a child lock on it and until now that has stopped Jack from opening doors. At the top of the stairs was Drew grinning at me from ear to ear. I ran as fast as I could to get him but was just too late. I'm going to have nightmares for years of the sound of his head hitting the concrete. He pretty much just landed on his face. His nose was bleeding pretty badly so I put an Elmo band aid on it to stop it.



I'm not sure why this photo flipped sideways but I couldn't get it to go the other way. This was taken about an hour afterwards and he was much happier by this time.

This was taken the next morning. He almost completely healed a week later. Nick thinks he has super powers! :) The books on the floor behind him are his doing. He loves to pull books off the shelves.

1 comment:

kristib said...

Drew is tough as nails! And still adorable with the banged-up face.

Way to go Jack! My kids *whispering* still haven't been to the dentist. I know, I'm a bad mom. Gotta get on that.

Powered By Blogger