Sunday, August 9, 2009

Jack attack

Last summer in Albuquerque, when Jack was about 1 1/2, he used to throw things over our neighbor's wall. Thank goodness we had really nice neighbors who loved kids. They used to call it the Jack attack. All of his backyard toys would end up in their yard and they would kindly just throw them back when they got the chance. Today, I had just put Jack down for a nap in his room and could hear him still playing. I asked Nick to go check on him and put him back into bed. All I heard from downstairs was, "That's bad!!!". Oh no, what has he done now? Apparently he had thrown almost his entire arsenal of toys, shoes, socks and baby wipes out of his upstairs window onto the roof, driveway and street. It was a mess. I couldn't believe how much stuff he had gotten out of the window in so little time! At the time, I was extremely annoyed and started putting all the stuff into bags. These bags then went straight to the guest room where they will remain until he earns the right to play with them again. In retrospect however, I wish I had taken a picture of the mess outside with Jack's face in the window. For now you will just have to imagine and chuckle as I'm sure all of our neighbors were doing as they watched us fish everything out of the gutters.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger