Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Drew's 1st big injury

We had only been here a week or two and the kids were getting a little stir crazy. They were used to playing outside in the back yard almost every day in Monterey. So I decided to drive them over to the park in our neighborhood. It was cold and windy, so the boys had to wear their winter coats. When we got there, we had to walk over a little creek to get to the playground. Jack has become obsessed with the idea of going fishing lately. There is a catch and release pond in our neighborhood and his Daddy and Grandpa have promised to take him there when they come for a visit. The minute Jack saw the water he started looking around for a stick. He wanted to go fishing. It was pretty cold and windy and I didn't want him anywhere near the water so it was a big fight to get him to actually continue on to the playground. Drew follows Jack pretty much wherever he goes so I had to get him interested in the playground. I was successful for about five min. but Jack had his mind on fishing and I knew the playground day was a lost cause. So I told Jack to head to the car but knew he would try to sneak to the water on the way back. I was watching Jack while Drew walked in front of me and Drew must have caught his shoe on the pavement and went face first to the ground. He started screaming, I started freaking out because he was bleeding everywhere and Jack was still fighting me on the fishing thing. I finally dragged Jack back to the car kicking and screaming, Drew crying the entire time as well. We got into the car and Jack took one look at Drew and started crying even harder. I somehow got them all buckled in and we took off for home. At home I got Drew cleaned up and this is the picture I took of him after. The next time we go to the park, I'm taking reinforcements.


No comments:

Powered By Blogger