Saturday, October 16, 2010

Jack's poor face and legs

Jack and Drew just about gave me a heart attack when they pulled the armoire in our bedroom (TV and all) on top of them. Drew managed to escape with no injury at all. Jack was not so lucky. When I pulled up the fallen armoire I saw his head was stuck under the TV. Adrenaline kicked in and I held up the 300 lb. armmoire with one arm and pulled the TV off with the other. When he got out he seemed to be more freaked out about his hands than his head so I took both boys downstairs and looked them over. As Jack was screaming I asked him, "What is your name?" I wanted to make sure he didn't have a concussion. He immediately stopped crying and looked at me as if I were crazy and said, "Mommy, I'm Jack." Once he was calm it was a lot easier to figure out where he was injured. I determined that his fingers probably weren't broken but was still worrried about the blow he took to his head. I loaded them into the car and headed to the ER. Jack was a real trooper while getting his fingers X-rayed and a CT scan of his head. They had the Disney Channel in the hospital room to both boys were entertained.

The drawers fell out onto his legs I later found out too.




Whenever we talk about what happened Drew chimes in with "TV Fall! Crying! Scary!" Yep that about sums it up.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger